Total Coverage Area: 437 sq. kms / 44,884 hectares/ 168 sq. miles
Established: 1968 as a National Park.
Extended In: Extended in 1986.
Became A Tiger Reserve: In 1993 .
Description (Bandhavgarh National Park):
A wildlife retreat where history and nature meet, Bandhavgarh is too far away from Kanha. Set amidst the Vindhyan ranges, the park has a series of ridges running through it. This park was the former hunting preserve of the Maharaja of Rewa and at present is a famous natural hub for White Tigers. White Tigers, now a major attraction around the world's zoos, were first discovered in Rewa, not far from here. The terrain is broken, with rocky hill ranges, running roughly east west, interspersed with grassy swamps and forested valleys.
Bandhavgarh National Park(Attractions):
Much of the park is covered in Sal forest, replaced by mixed forests in the higher elevations of the hills. There are extensive stands of bamboo and grasslands. Generally the forests are less dense here, with less undergrowth than in North India, thus offering better sightings of wildlife, notably mammals, including the daylight sightings of Tigers in the grassy 'maidans'. 40 + Tigers are estimated for the park.
Other inhabitants of the park include the Muntajac, Jungle Cat, Ratel, Jyena, Porcupine, the Rhesus Macaque and the back-faced Langur. The park also has numerous ancient caves and rock shelters, with shrines and inscriptions. About 150 species of birds known from the Tala area are also found over here including the Brown Fish Owl, Grey-headed Fishing Eagle, Malabar Pied Hornbill and Shahin Falcon.
The National park is dominated by the ancient Bandhavgarh Fort, located on a plateau and reached after a steep climb. The fort is now in ruins, its monuments and tanks beings gradually reclaimed by the forest, thus providing additional shelter for wildlife such as Black Bucks
TIGER SAFARI AT BANDHAVGARH
DURATION :05 NIGHTS/ 06 DAYS
Day 01 :Arrive Delhi:-On arrival at the airport our representative will meet you at the airport arrival lounge, and will provide you transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02 : Delhi - Umaria
Morning free at leisure. In the afternoon transfer to the station to board the train for Umaria. Overnight stay on board.
Day 03 : Umaria - Bandhavgarh (35 km)
On arrival meet at the station with our representative and transfer to Bandhavgarh national Park . on arrival check in at the wildlife resorts. In the afternoon safari to the national park. Overnight stay at resort.
Day 04 : Bandhavgarh National Park:-Morning and evening Jeep/elephant safari to Bandhavgarh National Park. Overnight stay at resort.
Day 05 : Bandhavgarh - Umaria - Delhi
Morning safari to the national park. Rest of the day free for own activity. In the evening transfer to Umaria station to board the train for Delhi. Overnight on board.
Day 06 : Arrive Delhi
On arrival at the station meet with our representative and transfer to hotel for relax. Late in the evening transfer to the International airport time to board the flight for onward destination.
Tour and Services Ends.
WEEKEND TOUR TO BANDHAVGARH NATIONAL PARK
DURATION:-02 NIGHTS/ 03 DAYS
Day 01: Bandhavgarh National park
Meals: Lunch & Dinner in resort
Morning receive you from Umaria railway station and drive to the resort, upon arrival Check-in to your rooms, unpack your luggage and let the feel of jungle enter you soul. Lunch would be served in the enclosed restaurant. After lunch just sit by the poolside. Evening Tea/Coffee Biscuits would be served in the evening. Dinner & Overnight stay in resort.
Day 02: Bandhavgarh National Park
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in resort
Today you will get an early wake up call at about 0515 hrs. Tea/Coffee & Biscuits would be ready, get ready for Jeep safari and the wildlife adventure of Bandhavgarh begins. The duration of safari is about five hours accompanied by an experienced forest guide. You return to lodge by 11 a.m. Lunch at the resort. The Evening Safari would start by 1530 hrs and you would be returning at about 1830 hrs. Tea/Coffee Biscuits would be served in the evening, dinner & overnight at resort.
Day 03: Bandhavgarh National Park to your onward destination.
Meals: Breakfast in resort
Today it’s a relax morning. Breakfast would be served in the resort, and then check out from resort for your onward journey.
ü Below mentioned rates are applicable only for Indian national.
1. For booking of Park Safaris, following details are required:
- Full name. age & gender of all passengers
- 01 Photo ID card No. per Jeep (the original ID will have to be carried by the person during the safari)
- Date & time (morning/afternoon) of the safari to be booked
2. Park safari once booked cannot be cancelled/amended and is non-refundable.
3. Park safaris will be booked only on receipt of Full advance.
4. Please note Jungle safari price can be increased by the Govt. Authority without prior notice, so the difference if any would be charged accordingly
5. We cannot guarantee booking thru’ a particular gate only. All bookings will be subject to availability after receipt of advance.
6. Park Safari is subject to availability.
7. The National Park is closed for afternoon safari on Wednesday & on Holi.
· 02 nights’ accommodation on Quad sharing basis
· All Meals as mentioned in the itinerary,
· Tea/Coffee with cookies/light snacks.
· 02 jeep safaris at Bandhavgarh National Park
· All entrance charges, taxes, guide fee, at Bandhvagarh
· All taxes.
· Any airfare / train fare
· Any insurance
· Any personal expenses like laundry, STD calls etc
· Any claim or delay charges due to natural calamities such as land slide, road blockage, heavy rain etc
· Or any other things which are not mentioned in cost included column
Tour and Services Ends.